AH

AH@BadassBookReviews

A Kiss of Blood: A Vamp City Novel

A Kiss of Blood - Pamela Palmer Not one sparkly vampire here – only frightening, bloodthirsty vampires live in Vamp City. The vampires of Vamp City are truly the stuff of nightmares. Not only do they feed off the blood of their victims, they also feed on emotion: fear, pain, and/or pleasure. Vamp City is a parallel world to Washington, D.C. and was created by a powerful sorcerer and his magic. In this book, the boundaries between our human world in the city of Washington D.C. and the vampire world are beginning to deteriorate. The magic must be renewed by a sorcerer, which in turn, would protect both worlds. The vampires think that Quinn is the sorceress that can save them. There are a few problems with this plan – Quinn has no idea how to use her magical powers. This is a scary world and probably the way I would have imagined vampires to be. Not only do vampires reside in this world, there are bloodthirsty werewolves, and even fae. The inhabitants of this world are brutal and any human unfortunate to find themselves in Vamp City is used for either food or entertainment purposes. The humans stuck in this world live to serve the vampires, either as food or slaves (slava). Humans who remain in this world take on a phosphorescent glow. (OK, cute twist – the humans sparkle). I love the premise of this series. The world is richly detailed and the diversity of the paranormal creatures is interesting. I loved the element of danger of this world. I don’t think I have ever seen werewolves this creepy and primal. A Kiss of Blood is a nice addition to the Vamp City series. This book moved the plot along nicely and left some plot threads unresolved. The ending was abrupt and a little bit of a cliffhanger making me want to read the next book in the series. If you love your vampires bloody and deadly, then this is the series for you. Thank you to Edelweiss and Avon for a review copy of this book.Badass Book Reviews.