AH

AH@BadassBookReviews

Damn Him to Hell (Saturn's Daughter)

Damn Him to Hell (Saturn's Daughter) - Jamie Quaid Initial thoughts:Meh. This one was a difficult one to finish. It was repetitive and I didn't really feel anything for the main character. I think that this is it for me and this series. The Review: When we last left our heroine Tina, she had inadvertently damned her boyfriend Max to hell. Poor Max. Max’s soul is returned, but alas, his body is no longer available so he must come back as his evil cousin Dane Vanderventer. Ok, got it? So now Dane is really Max and Tina, she’s still Tina and she’s still learning the extent of her powers. Set in an area of Baltimore called the Zone, Damn Him to Hell is an interesting world, reminding me a little of the Kate Daniels series. The Zone appears to be an area of strange magic and things paranormal. Electronics go wonky in the Zone. The people of the Zone keep to themselves, mainly because they would stand out too much in the real world.The story begins as a pink cloud is released over the Zone. Zone inhabitants are dropping rapidly, going into comas. All signs point to the Acme factory, owned by the Vandeventers. There is an eclectic assortment of characters in this series. We have Andre, a former Special Ops agent who has a fully functional bomb shelter and communications bunker. Tim is an invisible gay character. Sarah is also a Saturn’s Daughter but she tends to turn into a chimp. Cora is a detective and snake woman. For some reason, this book just didn’t do it for me. I had a hard time getting into the story and Tina is not the most sympathetic character for me. It could just be one of those “not my cup of tea books” or perhaps I was in the wrong frame of mind when I read it. Your results may vary. Thank you to Edelweiss and Pocket Books for a review copy of this book. Review posted on Badass Book Reviews.