AH

AH@BadassBookReviews

Club Monstrosity (Monstrosity, #1)

Club Monstrosity - Jesse Petersen 3.5 stars - If you are in the mood for a funny book, this is it. Club Monstrosity is a hilarious read! Imagine all of your favorite B movie monsters in a monster support group – Monstofellodosis Anonymous. They meet weekly in a church basement and all they want to do is fit into society and live quiet, peaceful lives. But all is not well in their world. Ellis the invisible man has been beaten to death and Bob the Blob has missed a meeting. Turns out, someone has been stalking and killing the monsters and they are dying terrible, horrible deaths – just like in the monster’s story. I loved how the monsters were portrayed. Natalie is conflicted about her monster status. It’s not like she chose to be a Frankenstein creation, that’s just how she is. She will remind anyone who is listening that Frankenstein was the doctor, not the monster. Alec the alpha werewolf is constantly shaving because of his excess hair problem. And Kai as a mummy must constantly moisturize because mummies have very dry skin. This book is so much fun to read. If you are in the mood for something light and funny, but not too terribly scary, then this is the book for you. It’s laugh out loud funny and the characters are quite colorful. One character is even green! The author takes every monster stereotype and amplifies that character’s personality traits. The dialogue and banter between the characters is very entertaining. There’s even a little monster romance.Club Monstrosity was a hoot! I can’t wait for the next book in the series – The Monsters in Your Neighborhood coming out July 29, 2013.Thank you to Edelweiss and Pocket Star for a review copy of this book. Review posted on Badass Book Reviews.