AH

AH@BadassBookReviews

Date by Mistake

Date by Mistake - Candace Havens,  Gwen Hayes,  Jill Monroe,  Rosemary Clement-Moore,  Shannon Leigh 3.5 stars. A nice little anthology with blind dates and some sneaky matchmakers. All the stories take place in the same town and they kind of had a soap opera feel, but in a good way. These authors were new-to-me authors and I am happy to say that I will be looking forward to reading more of their stories in the future.Mr. Virile and The Girl Next Door by Gwen Hayes - 4 starsThis story had a fun premise. Two bloggers and authors who write dating advice are matched up by their agents. Dane is Mr. Virile and he gives men dating advice. Holly's dating advice for women has a huge following. The narrative is punctuated with blog posts by the two authors and their advice is quite entertaining. I loved the romance and the sexy times were hot. Tycoon Reunion by Candace Havens and Shannon Canard 3.0 starsAnnabelle had been Jake's high school sweetheart. He ditched her after grad to go off and make his fortune. Ten years later, he rescues her from a blind date gone bad. She's become quite the hottie and he finds that he is still attracted to her. Loved the meddling sister. Loved the romance, though I am not too sure that I would take back a man that left me ten years earlier. I guess it helped that he was a very wealthy man.Passionate Persuasion by Rosemary Clement-Moore 3.5 starsAlex is in the restaurant/bar industy. Kiara is an accomplished cellist. They had dated in college but Alex had gone off to make his fortune. These two were easily my favorite couple in the anthology. I loved how they were set up by a wealthy socialite that just couldn't get anyone's name right. Very cute story.Date on the Run by Jill Monroe 3.5 starsJuliet is a reporter who is dying to write investigative stories. Ezra is on an R & R rotation from the military and in town for a short period of time. As a favor to his best friend's sister, Ezra agrees to go on a blind date on Valentine's Day. Ezra meets up with Juliet who thinks Ezra is Eric, her contact for a story on art fraud. Both are attracted to each other but as they leave the restaurant things go awry. Someone is out to kill Juliet and Ezra acts as her protector. Alpha male at your service with some hotness. Overall, an enjoyable anthology.Thank you to Entangled Publishing for a review copy of this book.