AH

AH@BadassBookReviews

How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake Series #1)

How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake Series #1) - That was fun! A nice, light, vampire romance comedy.This was my first experience reading Kerrilyn Sparks’ books and it will not be my last. Ms. Sparks takes the vampire mythology and adds her own hilarious twists. Our hero Roman Draganesti is a 500-ish year old vampire who has dedicated his life to the development of synthetic blood for use by both humans and vampires. While testing a novel blood delivery system (you really need to read that part) Roman loses a fang. He needs to find a dentist that works at night to fix his tooth. His search leads him to Shanna Whelan. Unfortunately, the Russian mob is after her. Shanna is rescued by Roman and some really funny situations ensue.There were some clever ideas in this book. The vampire guards were all Highlanders – muscular, beefy, vampires in kilts. The synthetic blood came in many flavors, however, the Chocolood flavor caused the female vamps to gain weight so BloodLite was introduced. I found the DVN – Digital Vampire Network to be hilarious.I enjoyed all the characters, especially when they were trying to hide their nature from Shanna. I loved how Shanna jumped to conclusions, often the wrong ones, whenever she tried to figure out what exactly was going on. Looking forward to reading the next book – Vamps and the City.