AH

AH@BadassBookReviews

Dead After Dark

Shadow of the Moon - Sherrilyn Kenyon Dead After Dark is an anthology of four stories. I initially picked up this book because of the J.R. Ward story "The Story of Son." Personally, this was the best story in the book. The other authors were new to me: Sherrilyn Kenyon, Susan Squires, and Dianna Love. Shadow of the Moon - Sherrilyn Kenyon - 4 starsThere was an abundance of characters in this book. I have not read her series yet and I was a little confused. All sorts of weres - were-wolves, were-bears, and were-lions. Some sexy scenes. I think I may pick up a book by this author and give her a try.The Story of Son - J.R. Ward - 5 stars I love J.R. Ward so for me, this was the best story in the collection. It takes place in Caldwell, so maybe these characters could make an appearance in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. (I would love that!) Claire is an attorney. She makes a house call to one of her richest customers. They drug her and when she wakes up she is with Son, a vampire. She is trapped with him for the entire weekend. Doesn't sound like much, but I enjoyed it.Beyond the Night - Susan Squires - 2 stars Could not get into this story although it did have a few bright moments and a few good lines. I just could not connect with the characters.Midnight Kiss Goodbye - Dianna Love - 2 stars Meh. Could not get into this story either.So there you have it. 2 good stories. 2 meh stories.