AH

AH@BadassBookReviews

Tales of the Otherworld (Women of the Otherworld)

Tales of the Otherworld - Kelley Armstrong As I was reading this book, I felt like I was back with some old friends. Two summers ago, I tore through Kelley Armstrong’s Women of the Otherworld series. I love the books. I can’t get enough of my favourite characters. I want more! I did get more. I got more Clay and Elena, more Paige and Lucas, and more of the rest of the great cast of characters that inhabit this world. This is a collection of 8 stories featuring these characters. My one and only criticism is that a few of the shorter stories ended a little abruptly. Aside from that, I was in Otherworld heaven.I have two favourite stories: Beginnings and The Case of El Chupacabra. For Elena and Clay fans, Beginnings is the story of how Clay and Elena met. It is actually quite a beautiful love story when you overlook Clay’s stalker tendencies. Clay was completely smitten by Elena and his protective side really comes out. I liked how you really get an insight as to Clay’s thought processes. This is also a glimpse of a younger Elena, pre-werewolf. Some of Elena’s background is revealed as well.The Case of El Chupacabra involves a whole cast of characters. Paige and Lucas are hired by Sean to solve a murder at a gay bar. I liked a lot of things about this story, notably the Cabal politics and the inclusion of Benicio Cortez. I would love to see more Benicio stories in the future. Cassandra and Aaron are also in this story to give us a vampire perspective. I enjoyed the portrayal of Savannah in this story – she’s growing up and becoming a very intelligent and beautiful young woman.What I love about Kelley Armstrong's world is the diversity of characters. They are vampires, werewolves, witches, sorcerers, demons. They come from all walks of life and all colors and backgrounds. I can’t wait to read more books in this series.