AH

AH@BadassBookReviews

Disillusioned: 9 (Stan Turner Mysteries)

Disillusioned - William Manchee Disclaimer – I won this book in a Goodreads First Reads Giveaway.This book had the makings of a good story. In fact, I do believe that there was a good story in there somewhere. I just had difficulty finding it. I was too distracted by the countless spelling and grammatical errors. The book is written with very little narrative. What little narrative there was had too many minute details which distracted from the story. In fact, some of the narrative read like a shopping list. Then there was the endless dialogue, as if the writer were writing a script, rather than a book. Oftentimes, I really did not know who was talking, and I had to go back to the beginning of the dialogue to check. The hero of the story Stan Turner was really unrealistic. I remember being a student, and while I was not a law student, I certainly did not have time to have a family, a job, run a political campaign, and investigate a crime for the FBI. Just not very realistic. At one point, I made an update that stated: Stan is an idiot with no sense of self-preservation. There were a lot of characters to keep track of, some of them with similar names like Ron and Rob. Again, this was distracting and left me constantly going back and forth to make sure I understood. A good editing job would have made this a more pleasurable reading experience.