AH

AH@BadassBookReviews

Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires Series #3)

Twice Bitten - Chloe Neill Twice Bitten is the third installment of Chloe Neill's Chicagoland Vampire series. After a slow start, I settled in to read and I enjoyed every single page.Chloe Neill's world is based in Chicago, with some wonderful ethnic touches. The vampires are known to humans and live openly in their houses. The shape shifters have not made themselves known to humans and are convening to decide if they should take this step. I just love Merit. She is sexy, snarky, and a great fighter. Since the last two books, Merit has come to terms with being a vampire. She has matured and developed. Her attitude has changed and she is more respectful of her Master, Ethan. Merit's friendships have evolved, and she is a well-respected member of Cadogan House.Merit's relationship with Ethan continues. The sexual tension is both delicious and frustrating. I was pleasantly surprised by the story and I did not expect the outcome. Ethan is sexy as ever, but is conflicted about his relationship with Merit. Merit's friends tell her that Ethan may have lost some of his humanity because he has been a vampire too long. Old characters are back. I loved Berna who constantly tried to feed Merit. The food pushing shape shifter added a touch of humor.I understand that there will be a fourth book. Can't wait to read it!