AH

AH@BadassBookReviews

Once Dead, Twice Shy (Madison Avery, Book 1)

Once Dead, Twice Shy - Kim Harrison Once Dead, Twice Shy is the story of Madison Avery. Madison died in a car crash on prom night. Due to some technical glitches and some quick thinking on Madison's part, it was not her time to die. Madison was able to steal the dark reaper's amulet which gives the illusion that she is alive.Madison is a spunky character. She does not accept the fact that she is dead and is determined to "find" her body so that she can be whole again. She is instructed by Barnabus who is a light reaper and is protected by Grace, a guardian angel. This book will appeal to young adult readers. Madison is a believable character. She is vulnerable, yet she is strong.If you read her story in Prom Nights from Hell, you may have a better understanding of the story, although both stories can stand on their own.