AH

AH@BadassBookReviews

The Autism Book: What Every Parent Needs to Know about Early Detection, Treatment, Recovery, and Prevention (Sears Parenting Library Series)

The Autism Book: What Every Parent Needs to Know About Early Detection, Treatment, Recovery, and Prevention - Robert W. Sears As a parent with children in the autism spectrum, I was excited to win this book on Goodreads. The Autism book is an extensive source of information on autism. Detection, treatment, and prevention of autism is covered in fine detail. There is an expansive list of autism resources at the end of the book. I did have a few concerns with this book. Firstly, the number of medical tests to assess autism. From what I understand, and from personal experience, there is no medical test for autism. Ordering many medical tests may be cost-prohibitive and out of reach for many families. Secondly, his opinion on vaccines scares me. For me, not vaccinating my children would be irresponsible not only to them, but to those around us. His section on diet and supplements was interesting. Changing one's diet seems beneficial, although giving a toddler many supplements would be difficult. This book is suitable for anyone seeking information on this disorder. It is a good place to start.