AH

AH@BadassBookReviews

Peeps

Peeps - Scott Westerfeld Peeps is the story of Cal, a young man who is a carrier of a parasite that causes vampirism. This parasite is spread through sexual contact and saliva. Cal works for the Night Watch, a centuries-old institute that hunts down out of control peeps.Peeps stands for parasite-positive, people who have been infected with the parasite that causes vampirism. Scott Westerfeld creates a vampire lore that is based on parasitic infection. Every even numbered chapter has a descriptio of a parasite, it's life-cycle, and it's evolution. WARNING: Some of these descriptions are very graphic and not for the squeemish. The end of the book has a section on how to avoid parasites.Scott Westerfeld has a quirky writing style. He is entertaining. He is eloquent. He has thoroughly researched his topic. I really enjoyed this book. I would recommend this book to teen readers. Note - I would have given this book 4.5 stars if I could.