AH

AH@BadassBookReviews

Novella Review: Entwined by Kristen Callihan

Entwined - Kristen Callihan

Kristen Callihan's Darkest London series is one of my favorite historical paranormal romance series. The author captures the atmosphere of early 19th century England very well and adds in her own touches of magic and a little steampunk. Add in an unlikely couple and this series is a very enjoyable read.

Entwined begins with letters written by Lady Luella Jane Moran to her intended Aiden Evernight. Aiden does not plan to marry and he is unable to read or write. He asks his brother Eamon to break off the betrothal. Eamon and Lu begin to correspond and through these letters, the two fall in love. Personally, the love letters were the highlight of this novella. I love how Eamon and Lu's personalities stood out. (In these days of instant messaging, can you imagine waiting weeks for a letter from your loved ones?)

Lu and Eamon are so very sweet together. I loved how awkward they were together, especially on their wedding night - it really gave this story a sense of authenticity.

I think that one of the aspects of the book that I enjoyed was Eamon's unique talent. His approach to his talent was a little gruesome, but his intentions were noble.

Entwined is a nice tasty morsel to read while awaiting the next installment in the Darkest London series. Shadowdance comes out December 17, 2013. I can't wait!

Thank you to NetGalley and Forever (Grand Central Publishing) for a review copy of this book.

Christal and I review this novella and Close to You on Badass Book Reviews.

Source: http://badassbookreviews.com/novella-reviews-close-to-you-and-entwined